Kenneth Gary Ruttenberg
Founder & Managing Partner
Click HERE to contact Ken Ruttenberg
Ken Ruttenberg is the founder of The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C.. He is an experienced and seasoned civil litigator in a broad range of legal areas including employment (including sexual harassment, retaliation and discrimination), construction and personal injury.
In 2014 through 2020, Ken was selected to the list of Southern California Super Lawyers, a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Fewer than five percent of attorneys receive the Super Lawyers recognition. In 2015 through 2020, Ken was named among the Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers. Ken is also an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® attorney (the highest designation an attorney can earn nationwide).
He is admitted to practice before all courts of the State of California and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Ken prosecutes and defends cases on an hourly basis and, in the right cases, handles plaintiffs’ claims on a contingent basis. Ken has obtained many substantial recoveries on behalf of his clients over the past few years.
- Ken settled a construction defect case for $2,078,000 on behalf of an owner of an apartment complex.
- Ken settled a real estate fraud case for $2,850,000 on behalf of the buyer of a home in the Palisades.
- Ken obtained a binding construction arbitration award in the amount of $1,140,590 while representing a single homeowner.
- Ken recently settled the following cases:
- A construction defect case against a public agency for $917,500
- Sexual harassment, retaliation and discrimination cases for $450,000, $425,000, $375,000, $275,000, $250,000, $200,000, $180,000, and $150,000
- Wrongful death cases for $352,500 and $250,000
- A personal injury case involving an automobile accident for $1,500,000
- Insurance bad faith cases for $543,000 and $500,000
- A real estate broker negligence case for $980,000
- Breach of contract cases for $451,000, $365,000, $341,887, and $295,000
- Very recently, settled a multi-party construction defect lawsuit on behalf of seven homeowners for $1,625,000, and an escalator entrapment case for $1,000,000.
- Published opinions: Pelton-Shepherd, etc. v. Delta Packaging Products, Inc. (2008) 165 Cal.App.4th 1568; Epic Medical, etc. v. Paquette (2015) 2015 Cal.App. LEXIS 1193.
Ken has been featured in and published articles in the Los Angeles Daily Journal. He has also lectured on the topic of how to handle a mold claim from the plaintiff’s perspective.
Ken is married, has two children and lives in Beverly Hills. In his spare time, he enjoys running (www.speeddoctor.com), traveling and playing tennis.