A decade of employment litigation and counseling
Southern California employment law attorneys at The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. guide workers through the difficulties that invariably arise in the complicated employer-employee relationship.
The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. has extensive experience in championing victims of harassment, retaliation and discrimination in the workplace and focuses on pursuing claims related to:
- Employment discrimination
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Sexual harassment/hostile environment
- Wrongful termination/dismissal
- Constructive termination
- Non-competition agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Unpaid wages
- Employment contracts
- Employment discrimination
- Fair employment practices/workplace fairness
- Severance agreements
- Unemployment benefits
- Violations of
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Equal Pay Act
- California Family Rights Act
- California Fair Employment and Housing Act
The firm relies on its extensive civil litigation experience in tackling all manner of employment law disputes.
To minimize the cost and disruption inherent to employment disputes, The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. employs pre-litigation dispute resolution to successfully resolve some employment claims without protracted litigation. When resolution is not possible, The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. employment litigation attorneys pursue success in state and federal courts and in administrative forums.
The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. employment litigation successes
- Obtained a $300,000 jury verdict on behalf of employee who was terminated because of her disability.
- Settled cases involving failure to accommodate disability for $385,000 and $150,000.
- Settled wrongful termination case for $550,000 and national origin discrimination case for $375,000.
- Settled sexual harassment suits for $425,000, $375,000, $350,000, $313,000, $275,000, $250,000, and $150,000.
- Represented the defendant and cross-complainant in a four-week jury trial involving claims of wrongful termination and embezzlement. On the eve of trial, settled client’s claims for $550,000. At trial, obtained a defense verdict on all claims asserted against the client and later obtained for the client an attorney’s fee award of $178,350. In granting the motion for attorney’s fees, the trial court wrote that “the hourly rates charged are well-below the market rates for trial counsel of the experience and competence of [defendant’s] counsel in this case, particularly counsel with the sophistication demonstrated throughout these proceedings to cogently address the issues presented and to so successfully represent his client in this convoluted and contentious litigation.”
- Represented nurses in a class action against hospital for failing to provide meal and rest breaks and overtime wages. Case settled for more than $1.5 million.
Efficiency. Perseverance. Excellence.
From the firm’s Los Angeles office, The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. employment lawyers represent clients throughout California, as well as those who reside or do business elsewhere and have legal matters in the state.
Contact The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. for a consultation. The firm offers flexible billing arrangements.
Click here for more information about our Employment Law practice.