Vigorous and effective representation for individuals and large and small companies
Commercial litigants choose The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. because the firm’s business litigation attorneys are committed to understanding the priorities of each client they serve. The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. formulates innovative litigation strategies for achieving clients’ objectives.
Clients value the depth of The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C.’s trial and litigation experience and the attorneys’ ability to protect client interests at a reasonable cost. The firm represents commercial litigants in an array of disputes:
- Insurance disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Unfair competition
- Unfair trade practices
- Partnership disputes
The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. business litigation successes
- In February 2009, obtained a $1.2 million verdict in an action for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy on behalf of a minority shareholder against the officers and directors of a closely held corporation. The verdict included punitive damages against the officers/directors.
- In September 2010, following a five-week jury trial, obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a client who was sued for breach of contract, embezzlement and elder abuse.
- Within last year, settled breach of contract cases for $341,887 and $165,300.
- Represented the plaintiff in a breach of contract and fraud case in federal court, where they obtained a jury verdict in excess of $369,000, including more than $107,000 in punitive damages.
- Represented the plaintiff and cross-defendant in a partnership dispute involving the purchase and development of land. When the firm was retained, the case had already been thrown out by the trial court. The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. prevailed upon the Court of Appeal to reverse the adverse judgment, and thereafter favorably settled the matter for the firm’s his client.
- In an unfair competition trial in federal court, obtained a $5.9 million jury verdict, which the Court of Appeals affirmed.
Efficiency. Perseverance. Excellence.
From the firm’s Los Angeles office, The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C.’s business litigation lawyers represent clients throughout California, as well as those who reside or do business elsewhere and have legal matters in the state.
Contact The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C. for a consultation. The firm offers flexible billing arrangements.